Monday, October 28, 2013
Today is the day...(there is a giveway in here, so read on!)
YES! Today is the day to start blogging in a different way!
You heard my whining and my apologies and my..."whatevers" about being MIA from my blog, not posting for a long time...bla, bla...
I thought long and hard about this, and here are few "earth-shattering" (NOT!) conclusions I came up with:
1. I LOVE blogs! Love reading them, love writing one!
2. I do feel ALL the time how I have lots to share, to say, to comment, to teach, to inspire...even? (I hope)
3. So - why am I not doing it?? Many reasons probably, but I think my main reason is - I over-think things. I fret about what to write and if it is worth writing and then life takes over (read: time to write is "eaten" by hose chores or silly things or...). Mostly - I over-think things.
4. What is one to do? Quit? NO, definitely NOT. Why not? Because I really, really like blogging! :)
So, you probably guessed by now, it is time to - Change! :)
Of course that is easier said than done, but I do have some ideas and I also would appreciate your input, of course. Here is what I have in mind:
- I will write blog posts as they come - some short, some longer, some silly, some actually useful...the whole shebang. (is that even a word?) There will be quilts, fabrics, dog-walks, nature photos...
- However - lets not leave everything to chaos! I would love to have some regular features here and that is where I would love your input! Here is what I have in mind so far:
- Beat the Monday blues - color/fabric/idea inspirations - giving a color-scheme, ideas about some fabric group, inspiration from nature or cyber-space, to get you going in the new week
- Tuesday Each-one-teach-one - a short tutorial or a tip about some of the basic quilting/sewing techniques (I teach beginners and other quilting classes for a long time now and love to share many good tips and basic techniques)
- Wednesday WIP (Work In Progress) - this is something going on other blogs too - reporting from my sewing room, what am I working on, etc. - mine would be with occasional tutorial for a whole project, like I did several times before
- Weekend wanderings - anything goes - from quilting tutorials and sewing to traveling logs, cooking, dogs or..who knows! :)
Now, I don't think I will be a super-woman and start ALL of these right away (although ideas are plenty, trust me - time is always my enemy!) but I will do at least one, or two soon - and if you would let me know what you think, what you would love to see or even have a new suggestion, I would be so, so, so grateful!!
Wait, not just grateful - I will have a giveaway too! How is some thread, some fabric and some inspiration (book or magazine), for a reward?
So - leave me your vote on above suggestions, or your own suggestion by the end of this week (Sunday, midnight, EST) and I will draw a winner on Monday, November 4th
THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR ALL YOUR INPUT!
Wishing you a wonderful end of October week,
PS - in case you are wondering, photos here are of quilts I made quite some time ago and gave my mom. This summer we went back to Serbia to visit and I took some long over-due photos! Look for "Letters from Motherland" blog posts, I will tell you a lot about our trip. :)
Posted by Marija at 3:44 PM